PDA

View Full Version : additional literature

Patricia Jansma
April 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
What a wonderful initiative, to start a new series of essays on rugs and old masters! Looking at the literature in the first essay, you might want to add the (very informative) book "Carpets and their datings in Netherlandish paintings 1540-1700" (translation of thesis) by Onno Ydema [Walburg Pers, Zutphen The Netherlands 1991 / and UK: Antique Collectors' Club Ltd. Woodbridge Suffolk IP12 1DS]. A very enlightning book which I think should not lack in a list with literature on this subject.

Kind regards,

Patricia J., Amsterdam

Filiberto Boncompagni
April 9th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Thank you, Patricia.

By the way, in the meantime if you see in the book any useful insight pertaining present (and future) discussions here, please let us know.
Regards,

Filiberto

Alex Gibber
March 15th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Hello Filiberto

This is Alex Gibber

I am new to this site, and am eagerly devouring all the info that is there (or as much as my tired brain can absorb).
I love your apparently older Salon on Old Masters and the Rugs, and at a risk of being ridiculously redundant, just wanted to mention that a Wikipedia site below also contains lots of references and further readings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriental_carpets_in_ Renaissance_painting

I am sorry if I am repeating the obvious or that I am too late to this party, but just in case...

Filiberto Boncompagni
March 16th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Thanks, Alex.

I wasn't aware of that page on Wikipedia (or, if I did, I forgot it ). I'm going to read it after lunch.
Regards,

Filiberto

Alex Gibber
March 16th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Enjoy your lunch, Filiberto

Actually, when I read this Wiki article, I thought that for sure you were one of the authors or contributors. I will be curious as to your opinion of that page.

All the best

Alex

Filiberto Boncompagni
March 17th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Well, it seems a fair résumé of the current literature on the subject, with a lot of references. Turkotek is not among them, though :nerd2:
Regards,
Filiberto