Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. information on bagfaces - Page 3 - Turkotek Discussion Forums

Go Back   Turkotek Discussion Forums > Virtual Show and Tell

Virtual Show and Tell Just what the title says it is.

Old June 23rd, 2018, 07:22 AM   #41
Kay Dee
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Amstey View Post
Good morning Danielle
I don't believe that this was a temple piece; most likely a decorative device for the chair of an aristocrat - or - simply a piece for trade. But the wool and dyes are wonderful, and it is a good example of early 'carving' to enhance design and borders. Unfortunately, this image does not show the 'carving' very well. It is most prominent along the wave border.
Marvin
Hi Marvin,

Nice chair back piece, approx when do you think it made?

I only ask as re the now underlined / bolded above.

BTW, have you received my emails sent in last day or so?

K
Kay Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2018, 02:03 PM   #42
Steve Price
Administrator

Hi Kay

This is a public forum about rugs and textiles, not a venue for private conversations that can't be of interest to anyone except the people engaged in them. Those are best done by email. We also have a private messages utility on this page that any registered member can use if logged in.

Thanks.

Steve Price
Steve Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2018, 05:43 PM   #43
Kay Dee
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Price View Post
Hi Kay

This is a public forum about rugs and textiles, not a venue for private conversations that can't be of interest to anyone except the people engaged in them. Those are best done by email. We also have a private messages utility on this page that any registered member can use if logged in.

Thanks.

Steve Price
Steve, only one line of my three line post asking about his rug was to also ask Marvin if he had received an email I sent from both your TT site (as you suggest above) and one from my own email address. Having not heard back from Marvin, and making a post here to ask him a question about his rug, and knowing he posts here / would see my post, I could see of no other way to check if my messages from TT or otherwise were getting to him. Hence my one liner at end of my otherwise rug related post.

However given your objection to that I'll be more circumspect in the future. Besides, had no idea you would object as you have or I wouldn't have included that line in the first place. So, sorry about that.
Kay Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2018, 06:53 PM   #44
Steve Price
Administrator

Hi Kay

Thanks. I try not to ignore anything that could become a precedent for others.
That probably reflects my New York upbringing.

Steve Price

PS - The answer to your question of how you're supposed to know whether Marvin received your messages is that you can do it any way you like except through the public part of Turkotek.
Steve Price is offline   Reply With Quote