Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Jerry Anderson - Turkotek Discussion Forums

Go Back   Turkotek Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous (rug-related) Topics

Miscellaneous (rug-related) Topics Opinions on books, articles, recent auctions, exhibitions, etc.

Old March 15th, 2017, 09:41 AM   #1
Filiberto Boncompagni2
Administrator

He looks like Mel Gibson
Old March 15th, 2017, 03:44 PM   #2
Rich Larkin
Members

Good to hear from Gene again.

Hope all is well!
Rich Larkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 10:47 PM   #3
Chuck Wagner
Administrator

Hi Gene,

Good to hear from you again, and glad to see that you intend to prepare some material - I think that would be a very worthwhile endeavor.

Cheers,
<WAGNER> SENDS
Chuck Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:51 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default No response

To Turkotek, I've tried to contact Katie on her email. No response. I'll still write something about him. And the story of this man is still as confusing as his scatological letters. At least I was around him enough (4xweek for 176 weeks) to be able to interpret some of what he was writing..

I'll give you an example. Tom Cole wrote that Jerry said he traveled up into the Hazara lands and was turned back by "Amazons." Jerry always felt the story of "Amazons" from Greek culture came out of Greek contact with the Scythians...the Scythians shaved...the Greeks felt their opponents must have been women. Well, Hazaras are descendants form Ghengis Khan and have very scanty beards.

I was in Quetta in Spring 2008. There is a large Christian cemetery there. I suspect Jerry's father is buried there. I was prevented from visiting the cemetery. I also suspect Jerry is buried in the Christian cemetery in Karachi. I may be able to confirm this.