Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - The Tatra Museum - Zakopane, Poland

View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #5
Marek Szymanowicz
Members

Hallo Richard

I've been serching the web for more pictures all day yesturday and I couldn't find much more
Here are 3 that I found but you can see them in the first link too..

The link with pictures, the one in polish language is a short abstract from the album printed on the occasion of the exhibition. It's in polish with just a short abstract in english but it contains pictures of ALL pieces of Kulczycki's collection - about 200 pieces devided by origin; persja, Caucasus, Anatolia, Turkiestan, not only carpets and kilims but pieces of old textiles too.

I've been talking to my friends from the Castle and I found out that unfortunately the whole print of the catalogue was sold emediately so even they don't have a single one for themselves but you can try to look for it:
" Kobierce i Tkaniny wschodnie z kolekcji Kulczyckich" - Kraków 2006, few autors of descriptions but the main one is Magdalena Piwocka, ISBN 83-88476-36-X

The long kelim on one of pictures is from the Tatra Museum, There is few others simmilar there. They were generaly very popular in Poland in the XIX/XX, and they are still for sale in antique shops, I have one too..
they were popularly called "Karamani" as from Karaman region in Turkey thou they were from various regions. Always in pair of 2 complete pieces, lenght about 3.4 m, they were extra popular as a door courtain in rich houses and they were perfeclty long just too fit the haight of the rooms.

KULCZYCKI in english - hmmm...???
maybe something like: cool - chy - tsky ???
Marek Szymanowicz is offline   Reply With Quote