Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Caucasian Prayer Rug

View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2018, 06:31 PM   #3
Joy Richards
Members

Default Caucasian Prayer Rug

Thank you, Rich, for your enthusiastic comments! It is indeed mine, as of yesterday.
Now that you mention it, we've looked at the note again and my husband says it's definitely cloth, and it looks quite aged.
Given the comments in that note and the mention of 'Armenian characteristics', perhaps it explains why the date is a little strange. You read them as '134' but in what language?
I wonder too about the horizontal line about two thirds down of a different colour. The back doesn't appear to show that this is a repair. Is it intentional? And if so, is it where the knees go?!
The real colours are much nicer than what shows up in the pictures and is one of the very appealing things about it.
You may also have noticed how the fringe has been repaired part of the way with a diagonal stitch.
I love it and can't wait to hang it.
Joy