Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - a tekke small rug

View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2019, 02:33 AM   #7
Unregistered

Hi Chuck,

I am quite familiar with the common occurrence of the minor gul in my rug. Perhaps I misinterpreted your initial remarks. I had thought that you were saying that the occurrence of the minor gul in my rug, often found as part of a major gul in Salor pieces (Thatcher, Plate 5), as a minor gul in Saryq pieces (Thatcher, Plate 6), and as a major gul in Tekke pieces (Jourdan, Plate 69 and Thatcher, Plate 13), also commonly occurs as a minor gul in Tekke pieces in conjunction with the typical Tekke gul as shown in my rug. You commented in your earlier posting, "...guls like those on your rug are often seen." Well, yes! So I requested a reference for information which documents the occurrence of the minor gul in my rug with the typical Tekke gul in my rug. Your response, while providing a lovely photo of a Salor piece, really did not respond to my request. I hope that I have made myself clearer and look forward to your response.

Regards,
John