Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Chodor dyslyks and indigo dyed brown wool

View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2016, 03:56 PM   #8
Rich Larkin
Members

Hi Marvin,

That is quite interesting how that dyed brown wool went on the surface. I understand that indigo is susceptible to rubbing off to an extent, but it somehow doesn't strike me as a plausible answer. Yet, something went on there. Much less chance, certainly, of a cheap, non-indigo based fugitive dye. Anybody out there with alternative suggestions?

This comes two spots after "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" on the official Futile Arguments list, but I would call that partial warp depression more than 15% judging from the images. Closer to 30-40% or so.

Rich

P. S.: I have the impression (delusion?) that yellows in Chaudor pieces tend to have a distinctive lemon cast, relative to other Turkomans. Yours seems to have it.