Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Caucasian Prayer Rug

View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2018, 06:07 PM   #59
Joy Richards
Members

"Hi everyone, I was a completely normal person until a few months ago, when out of the blue I decided to buy a small carpet for my living room. Now I am obsessed. I've been lurking and reading all your posts for weeks and I am knocked-out by the knowledge / expertise floating around in these discussion boards."
Danielle Duperreault's first post on the bag face thread which I found this morning.

I see Danielle is also in Toronto, as is Dinie Gootjes, which probably explains Rich's comment to me about Toronto being some sort of 'rug centre'. I wish it were true, but I quote Danielle because the last pieces from you gentlemen, is what she's talking about. Such a wealth of knowledge to be found nowhere else and in response to our individual questions. Thank you again from the likes of us and sad to see, within Danielle's thread, that the Toronto Rug Society no longer exists.

Now to the Hamedan/Quchan/Kurd/Turkoman/slightly Caucasian mongrel, it will take me some time to take all of that information in, but I know it's also useful background for rugs from all over.

I said I would post pictures of the wounded Schurmann, so here they are.

The first view of it on the third page in:

Turn the page and the cut on both pages:

About 60 0r 70 pages in:

And this one to show the impression left by the pressure right at the end but note that it's upside down (my fault).

I think it's clear that a very sharp object must have been thrust with a lot of pressure, but I leave it to others to interpret what the shape around the cut was caused by.

Joy