Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Caucasian Prayer Rug

View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2018, 06:31 PM   #11
Joy Richards
Members

I am so grateful that the little carpet is of some interest, and am intrigued that you Filiberto, maven or not, have been unable to find anything similar, despite your thorough search.

You're quite correct that the true colours are not represented in the pictures. They are very strong but without that brashness that we mostly see in new carpets. I wish I could better convey how they really look. They have that lovely patina of age.

And Rich, I've taken two more pictures, hopefully showing the two cartouches more clearly (the pile hides the full figures) but have sent them to Steve because I fail miserably at posting them myself.

It's the aesthetic beauty of these works of art that I love so much. Finding TurkoTek years ago has given me so much pleasure and so many laughs, and I would like to thank all of you for continuing to share your vast knowledge and your humour.

Joy