Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Second Prayer Rug

View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2018, 09:45 PM   #16
Joy Richards
Members

[QUOTE=Steve Price;25092]

"I don't mean to drag this out, but part of our responsibility is educating novices."

Which is clearly what I am. I too would prefer not to drag this out, Steve, but I think it's important for you to know that this approach is why there are so very few people participating. Perhaps an email to me privately explaining that my question was trivial and inappropriate might have been better than this. I have so enjoyed the company - albeit of thesis level participants compared to my Grade One comments and questions. I will not be posting any more because the joy has gone out of it. I will continue to enjoy my rugs without further comment.

I'm left with thanking you for entering the pictures without complaint.

"My opinion, which I think most ruggies share, is that condition is an important factor for market value, but barely rises above being trivial in discriminating quality of a piece."

Since Filiberto identified the rug, anybody interested would look it up so there would be no need to discuss knot count, warp and weft material, etc. That needs to be done with something like the Caucasian prayer rug which was not that clear.

You will know from my posts that the value of any of these rugs or selling them is the last thing on my mind and of absolutely no interest to me. I believe Rich very clearly enunciated why someone like me might be interested in seeing Patrick's piece. And I would encourage anybody who regularly reads these threads, to show their loved pieces, learn about them, jump on board. You will have learned from me what not to say!

Joy