Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Jerry Anderson

Thread: Jerry Anderson
View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:46 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Jerry Anderson

Kate, this is Gene Williams. I had the pleasure of knowing Jerry Anderson for 3 1/2 years in the 1970's. He introduced me to rugs...and indeed personally identified every rug I own. I have pictures of him in Karachi and of his two kids (your father or mother?) when they were young (I visited his former wife - your grandmother - in October 1978 on Guernsey). And I have a small collection of letters...others have more - he was a prolific correspondent.

I've often thought of writing up my observations on this very unique character in the Pakistan and rug world, which I'll probably do over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime I'll post some photos here and will contact you on your e-mail.

Jerry lived for several years 1975-78 with Raymond Woodhead, a half boer, half Anglo South African Britisher, who was as an intelligent and interesting a man as one could find. Unfortunately Raymond has opted to go "dark" on the web though family members can still be traced. And a number of Baluch still remember him...I discussed him with relatives of the Khan of Kalat in Quetta in 2008.

Last edited by Filiberto Boncompagni2; March 15th, 2017 at 09:36 AM.