Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Analytical laboratories

View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2016, 02:53 PM   #1
Chuck Wagner
Administrator

Default Analytical laboratories

Hi

Can anyone provide recommendations for labs that perform AMS dating on antique textiles, and others that will perform identification of dyes used on antique textiles ? I am interested in wool samples, in particular.

For dyes, Paul Mushak had been the go-to source for decades, but since he passed away last February his sample turnaround times have increased dramatically.

I have used the AMS lab at the university in Waikato, in New Zealand, for archaeological samples - but not for textiles.

US based labs would be preferable, but are not a requirement.

I know we had a long discussion on radiocarbon dating about six years ago - my head hurt by the end. I'm looking for current resources.

Regards
Chuck Wagner
Chuck Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote