Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Advice on books

Thread: Advice on books
View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2017, 10:53 PM   #11
Phil Bell
Members

Thanks to everyone for a great list of books. I have the Jenny Housego tribal rugs and Ian Bennett's caucasian rugs but the rest I will begin hunting for.

Its good to have a quarry and I mean that in the hunting sense. I feel a primaeval urge to begin the tracking of my prey now. It is a shame in some ways that the internet makes life so much easier when doing these things. There is something magical about hunting second hand book shops for specific tomes. I remember the thrill of finding the narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym in an old booksop on the mediaeval wall of Chester many years ago or a beautiful hardback of the Life of Samuel Johnson in a small Welsh Town.

My main prey this year is a Sauj-Bulach rug, that will be my quest. I think they are wonderful and since joining this site I know quite a lot about them.

Thanks again to everyone
Phil
Phil Bell is offline   Reply With Quote