Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - The Tatra Museum - Zakopane, Poland

View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #11
Marek Szymanowicz
Members

Hallo all interested
here I am to finnish my report on the collection. Sorry - it took me some time to scan some pictures but... well, It was a nightmare to pick few out of 200 items so I've picked ones that impressed me most.

I made a little research in the Wawel Castle and I'm bringing sad news - only few pices are on the show (nice ones but still..), few as well in Zakopane - the rest is still in the storage rooms as the old XIX century museal tradition says:
Exhibits are to store them not show them Maybe someday it will hopefully change..

So here are few nice ones that I've picked for you..

2 transylvanians, both 165x115 cm, XVII/XVIII cent.

ghiordes, early XIX, 157x113 cm,

melas, 150x100, early XIX

kirshehir, XIX, 178x128

"graveyard" konya, late XVIII/1st half XIX, 163x131 cm

two "karamani" kilim courtains, Aksaray, XIX, 315x148

shirvan (?), late XVIII, 325x155.5 cm

kilim SW caucasus (Dagestan in my opinion), XIX, 548x158.5

baluchi, XIX, 198x123

Ersari, late XIX, 285x202 cm

tekke torba (front only), 2nd half XIX, 34x118 - catalogue doesn't say anything about silk (??) in it and I had a chance to grab it in my hands for a secound few days ago - I'd say 70-80% of white is silk - beautifull and delicate piece...

kazakhstan, mid XIX, 374x173 -

khotan, XIX, 329x172.5

As you noticed some informations of the catalogue cocerning origin and age are questionable. There is info about the knots, wefts and so on so if you need more news let me know..

regards
marek
Marek Szymanowicz is offline   Reply With Quote