Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - A Beluchi balisht

View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2018, 09:51 PM   #8
Chuck Wagner
Administrator

Oh, OK, wefts.

On mine the wefts are two shots of medium brown wool, both very loosely twisted. Knotting is asymmetric.

I will be interested to see if Joel has anything to say; he focuses on Baluch work.

While on the topic of balishts, take a look at this one, which I found several years ago. I assume it is Baluch.

The knots are symmetrical, making me think this is from eastern Persia somewhere. Warp and weft are ivory wool. The selvage is made up with 4 cords, with variable colored wool and hair wrapping. Some of the orange is tip-faded. It has a few pale blue silk knots in some of the white gul center detail. I like the white ground panel at the bottom:

Regards,
Chuck