Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Selecting how you view threads

View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #4
Henry Sadovsky
Members

Default Some discussions turn into Salons...

Hi Steve-

As you and i have discussed (privately), and as might be readily apparent to anyone perusing the TT archives: the Salon format/software is quite suitable for lengthy, multifaceted discussions. Of course, when a conversation is initiated, it may not be well predictable as to whether or not a wide-ranging discussion will ensue.

Perhaps the posting of a topic as a Salon is unnecessarily viewed as a more formidable undertaking than need be. Should a topic that is anticipated to stimulate lively discussion turn out to be manageable with only one conversation line, would any harm have been done by posting it as a Salon?

Regarding the "Seistan Rug" thread, i have raised some ideas that have each generated a line of discussion. Unfortunately,those lines are intermingled. Nevertheless, i think the thread is follow-able by those with a keen interest in the questions raised. I suppose it would be possible, while leaving the current thread as is, to incorporate those lines of discussion into a new Salon ("M-Group Weavings of Khorasan (and Perhaps, Seistan)." That would require a fair bit of work, and i'm not sure such an attempt would be warmly received. I leave this to the judgement of you and all who have participated in "Seistan Rug."

Henry
Henry Sadovsky is offline   Reply With Quote