Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - How to Put Your Images into a Message

View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #4
Steve Price
Administrator

Hi Martin and Filiberto

I agree, and have been doing that for awhile, with one exception: I reduce the width of detail images to 450 pixels. Most of them are less than one-fourth of the width of the whole piece, some are less than one-tenth of it. The 450 pixel width gives very good detail.

Most monitors can handle extra width, but not all of them can. The other significant factor, maybe even more important, is the speed of the user's connection. Pages with numbers of very large image files (large file size, not necessarily image dimensions) take longer to download and can even cause internet service providers (satellite services) to reduce the download speeds for 24 hours. I doubt that anyone is still on dialup connections, but 3G is very slow, 4G is somewhat better, and cable providers vary a lot.

Steve Price