Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Advice on books

Thread: Advice on books
View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:28 PM   #18
Phil Bell
Members

Joel,

Yes they are on my list. There is something of a north south divide and unfortunately the north is not great for rug hunting. I have found one good dealer so far. I need to head south and you should understand that although three hours is but a short trip for you in the US, here in the UK it is considered a serious journey for which I will need to make provision.

There is a danger that having made the trip that the proprietor doesnt really want to engage with me. I had a bad experience with a well renowned dealer last year. I was very excited to talk to him about rugs but it was clear he had fallen in love with money and fallen out of love with rugs. That's a risk I will have to take. I think I will head for the south coast and hit the Cotswolds on the way some time this Autumn. Hopefully my enthusiasm will fuel the journey and with my Talisman tucked in my pocket I will find a treasure.

Last edited by Phil Bell; September 21st, 2017 at 10:09 PM.
Phil Bell is offline   Reply With Quote