Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Hand woven or................?

View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2017, 06:42 AM   #8
Kay Dee
Registered

Default Example #1

Rich, as requested, what I think you meant re folding carpet to photograph knots. Unfortunately my camera took yesterday to play up and not focus properly! Literally after each shot had to turn camera off and back on to get next shot to even remotely focus.

Anyway gents, thanks for all the input.

That being said, and with all due respect, I wholeheartedly disagree that the Tiger saddle is Tibetan or a made in Nepal Tibetan. IMO this tiger saddle is not Tibetan weave.

See below and next two posts (Example 2 and Example 3) for weave / back comparisons.

Over to you.

Top 2 images Tiger saddle pile folded.

3rd Image is comparison of 3 carpet backs;
Top Tiger Saddle knots back
Centre Tibet c1900 knots back
Bottom Chinese 19c knots back

4th image folded pile of Tibetan saddle carpet c1920's

Tiger saddle pile folded

Tiger saddle pile folded

Top Tiger Saddle knots back
Centre Tibet c1900 knots back
Bottom Chinese 19c knots back

Tibetan saddle carpet c1920 pile folded

Last edited by Kay Dee; November 3rd, 2017 at 07:33 AM.
Kay Dee is online now   Reply With Quote