Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Great descriptive (but old) book!

View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2017, 04:14 PM   #20
Kay Dee
Registered

It is, as I started to think, unfortunately, after I 'enhanced it', ' Chinese' made, that is either was made for the Tibetan market or just ended up in Tibet and had the red border added their. That is, it is definitely NOT Tibetan knotting! And the size makes it more a floor carpet (Sapden in Tibetan) than a sleeping carpet (Khaden in Tibetan).

Still a beauty, but not such a beauty as it would have been had it been a Tibetan. And maybe that's why the caption on the .jpg I downloaded and 'enhanced' (not) said 'Khotan'?

But like I said, if your ever thwacking it away................ ... .............please remember me.

EDIT: Opps, something wrong with those measurement Lloyd; that is 5 feet by 8ft is not 152 x 144 cm! Which is it?

EDIT 2. As Steve Price said below Lloyd, would you be kind enough to contact me via him, as I have another question for you that this forum does not allow open discussion of here as it were. Thanks.

Last edited by Kay Dee; August 28th, 2017 at 04:40 PM.
Kay Dee is offline   Reply With Quote