Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Weaving a carpet

View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:33 AM   #5
Etem Ozturk
Members

dear guido,

here is a pattern of your rug:

the image is from the book: (total of 5 books)

http://www.turkelhalilari.gov.tr/say...cerik=yayinlar

your rug is item number 089.

i fell in love with a catalog piece in the past, and living in turkey, i was able to track down some people who could actually weave it for me for the very dimensions i wanted. the original plan was to have it woven from antique wool (old undyed kilim wool which is mostly used for restorations and repairs after proper dying), but i had no control of the production and the material was not nearly as good as i was promised. (i live in istanbul, weaving was done in sultanhani) and eventhough it does not have the charismatic aged look of my older ones, it is still one of my favorites.

as soon as i can find some time to go through my library, i will let you know of anything i may find on balikesir production techniques.